Manual Single and Double Leaf Gate
A popular option for walkways, entrances and public spaces, swing gates come in two types; single leaf gates and double leaf gates. If you're not sure what the difference is, don't worry.
Take a look at the information below and get in touch with us if you need any further guidance on which type of gate would be best for your property.
Single Leaf Gates
This type of gate is perfect for pedestrian entrances, pathways and small driveways. They consist of a single gate, which can open inwards or outwards, and is secured to a solid post. As with all of our products, we construct them bespoke and only use the highest quality materials, so if you're looking for something to keep you secure while wow-ing the neighbours, we'll make it so.
This type of swing gate comes with many benefits, including:
- Quick to install
- Can choose from a standard design or a more bespoke filled style
- Secure and durable
- Easy to automate as they only require one motor
- Easy to lock and secure with no need for drop bolts.
Double Leaf Gates
Similar to a single leaf gate, but offering coverage to a broader space. The design of these gate typically consists of two equally sized gates secured with hinges and steel posts on either side. The gates open and close to meet in the middle and are held in place with a latch and drop bolt.
This choice is excellent for larger entrance and wider driveways and offer:
- A wide range of designs; the gate can be filled with steel sections or bars or something more exciting and bespoke
- A much smaller swing radius when compared to larger single leaf gates
- Easily made-to-order sizes
- Extensive range of standard sizes and designs
- Both gates can be opened and closed independently
- There is the option to use smaller supporting posts which will maximise the gate's drive-through width.
You should never compromise on security, and so iFab uses our experience and knowledge of fabrication and construction to give our clients bespoke, highly secure and expertly installed gating.
For any more information on gating options, take a look around our website or please contact us. We can discuss your property and talk you through a range of options from sewing gates, wrought iron or automated gating.